Sunday, March 2, 2014

New Blog Ideas

Here are my latest thoughts on topics for writing my blog:

1. Work/life balance.  I am told this is an area where I have strength - although I am not sure I believe that this weekend since I have put in 8 hours on proposals....BUT - I do have some pretty good ideas on this topic.  Who says we can't have both?

2. Single parents at work.  Single - and only parents I should add...While this may work hand in hand with the first idea, I feel like there are a lot of blogs about how to get farther as a woman in the workplace.  There are almost no resources for the single parent.  It's a tough job - and we want to be strong personally - and professionally too.  I don't want this to be a segment where we listen to each other complain - but rather an area where we can encourage each other and identify resources.

3. Thrifty fashion and beauty.  This is one of my passions. From "dime" store beauty products, to thrift stores to clothes exchanges...I think it would be fun to highlight creative ways to stay up on trends.

4. Books and Movies.  I'll need your help here - maybe we can do a virtual book club, or movie review panel occasionally?

4. Photography.  One of my passions - especially since I have so many wonderful opportunities to go to beautiful places and capture them in photographs....

5. Guest posts.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate all my friends and family.  You are true inspiration to me and I would love to share your thoughts and insights here as well.

I think I will also add in a spiritual quote or Bible passage with posts as well.  I know that over the last couple of years I have found great comfort in them, and I'd like to pass them on.  Don't worry though - I won't be preachy...hopefully just inspirational.

So, what do you think?  You are my friends and family - what would you like to see me post about? Where should we begin?  I really want to keep things fun and inspirational - almost more like a forum...so your thoughts and ideas are definitely needed to make this work!

For now, and until next time, I'll leave you with a photo of a place where I started my new year - Colorado National Monument...

No comments:

Post a Comment