Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving.....

I do have so much to be thankful for in my life. I have a wonderful family that I really wouldn't trade for the world! I have great friends, who are always there for me when I need to talk, or just want to go out and have a great time. I'm not gonna lie though - this Thanksgiving was strange. It's funny that although you can make the choices you have to make to improve your life, you can question yourself and feel sad anyway. For the most part I have been truly relieved and happy that I am newly single. I know there was no other way, and everyone knows how hard I tried to get things to work. It just didn't work out. It's ok.

My friend's father passed away on Friday as well. Her father had been close with all of our kids as they grew up - sort of another grandpa for them all. He was always at the school and took the boys where ever they wanted to go over the years. His death was as shock, and I am truly sad for his daughters and wife. I will continue to be there for the family as time goes on - and I have vowed to be a better friend to everyone moving forward! We are all thankful that he stayed here with us through the holiday on Thursday and that the whole family was able to be with him when he passed. It was sort of a beautiful process, if one has to endure it.

So I guess it's no wonder I woke feeling a little melancholy yesterday. It is persisting today, but I decided not to fight the feeling, but to let myself experience it and appreciate it for what it is: the direct result of a rich and full life that has it's ups and downs. All of which, I must accept and gain strength from. I have learned a lot over the years, and I will continue to learn as I go. For that, I am forever thankful. I would not be the person I am today without having the experiences I've had over the years.

A lot of things made me most happy this long weekend too - I went to see two really great movies, got my hair done (I am now a redhead), ate my favorite meal of the year, went country dancing, and spent time with my friends and family. Although I love my job, it was also nice to have a few days off! So, to leave this post on a most positive note, I will share a photo of the Christmas decorations in the living room. We are keeping it simple this year - and I think it looks beautiful!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have lots to be thankful for as well!

Happy holidays!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment